Job Title: Carbon project originator/developer
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
CERPD Inc. seeks a candidate to fill the position of carbon project developer at our Seattle office. As a developer, the suitable candidate will be responsible for identifying commercially viable project opportunities and managing internal resources to finalize and execute projects. The ability to prepare project idea notes (PIN) and develop Project Design Documents (PDD) will be important to formulate projects. In identifying projects, the candidate should be experienced in analyzing project risk versus benefit ratios. The candidate should be able to manage projects including contractual and project cycle management. The position also requires significant interaction with an international client base including maintaining good client relationships. Finally, the developer will assist in the preparation of new methodologies and be the point of call during third party validation activities. The developer will also be involved in the analysis of carbon market trends and aligning the company’s strategy with overall market developments.
1. Masters degree in environmental sciences, energy sciences, engineering or related discipline preferred, but qualified candidates with alternative backgrounds will also be considered
2. Excellent knowledge of CERs and VERs protocol
3. Up-to-date market and environmental policy knowledge
4. Demonstrated knowledge and interest in climate change policy and carbon market with five or six years of working experience on climate change issues/ related field
5. Working experience in designing and managing carbon offset projects including the drafting of PDDs
6. A strong technical understanding of energy, waste or industrial sectors in order to identify opportunities in the carbon market/ climate change field, including methodologies required for the development of projects
7. Fluent in written and oral English; good knowledge of other language a plus
8. Project management experience
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills
– Ability to work under pressure and to tight timing deadlines
– Excellent organizational and management skills
– Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
The described position is available immediately. Please send your resume with cover letter quoting the job title and with an indication of your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.